Our Solar System
1 . The Sun and the nine planets are part of the Solar System.
2. The nine planets are :
Mercury , Venus , Earth , Mars ,
Jupiter , Saturn , Uranus , Neptune & Pluto
3. The Sun is in the centre of the Solar System.
4. All the nine planets move around the Sun in a large oval path.
5. The planets also spin by itself.
6. Planets Pluto moves around The Sun on a different plane.
- Its path is different from other planets.
7. The Earth take one year to go round the Sun.
8. Jupiter is the largest planet in Solar System.
- It is so big that all the planets could fit inside it.
9. Saturn has three wide rings. They can be seen with a telescope.
10. Uranus unlike the planets, is lying its side as it goes round the Sun.
11. Neptune is covered with a blue ocean of liquid methane.
12. The outer planets are Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune and Pluto.
- They are made of gasses.
- Their temperature is too cold to support life.
13. The position of Earth from the Sun is just right for it to receive enough
heat to support life. It has water and air too. These are to support
life. The other planets either receive too little or too much heat.
They also do not have a suitable atmosphere for living things to